Monday 7 March 2016

Initial thoughts Web 2.0

PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES:

My initial thoughts in regards to Web 2.0 and professional communication technologies was that they sounded like a complex and complicated thing! Which sounds silly now after doing some research into the subject and discovering that these are things that I use everyday like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and I also have a personal health a fitness blog so I am pretty familiar with the functioning of these social networking sites! However although I use these sites everyday I hadn't really thought about what Web 2.0 is and how it affects me, my life, my profession and others. 

                                     

                                    

As I began reading Reader 1, which initially seemed daunting to me as there is a lot of information to absorb I realized I kept having the same thoughts and questions popping into my head.

How do I and how can I improve my use Web 2.0 to progress in my career? How has Web 2.0 changed my industry? Is it wrong for me to use the same profile and pages for my personal and professional life? How companies and brands use social media marketing to advertise and reach target markets? 

I like to be really connected with my industry through social media and online presence and even though I am currently working full time with a company I still like to know what is going on in the industry.  I 'like' relevant groups and pages on Facebook which may notify me of auditions or potential jobs. For example New English Ballet Theatre recently posted an audition on their Facebook page which I have now applied for. I know that one of my colleueges found out about my company was looking for two new dancers via Facebook. I also am a member of The Hustle on Facebook which is how I find out about loads of auditions! The Hustle is a great page and connects many people within the performance industry and is a platform where people can ask questions, share information post auditions and jobs. I also use DancersPro website, The Stage, DanceEurope, Dance UK and Network Dance to keep updated with auditions in the industry. I have recently signed up for linked in but have realised that I have not used it to it's full potential yet!

                                           

For now these are my initial thoughts on the subject and I will be developing my ideas and answering my questions!













1 comment:

  1. Fans Provider is the first smm likes, followers, subscribers, views & others social media services provider in world.

    ReplyDelete