Wednesday 26 October 2016

'A guide for first-time researchers'

After feeling like I needed a bit of help and guidance towards my research project, I found this link to an e-book on Paula's blog.

Doing your research project: a guide for first-time researchers

Author: Judith Bell

http://readinglists.mdx.ac.uk/items/1ACCC0CC-EA73-1EB5-7632-7B8B7491EDBE.html?referrer=%2Flists%2F3A43FAE8-A845-F3C3-7263-DD2735E3448B.html%23item-1ACCC0CC-EA73-1EB5-7632-7B8B7491EDBE


The book starts with a diagram of a maze with different steps along the way. I found this really interesting because it basically summarises how I am feeling at the moment. in regards to my research project. I can't see where I am going and I don't know where I will end up. But after reading more I know that this is completely normal for this process. Along the way my topic will become clearer (hopefully) and by the end I will have focused on something that really interests me and can be used to benefit myself or others involved in my practice.

In the diagram there is a whole list of steps and these are the different chapters in the book so it was very good for me to see where I should be going in terms of research and future tasks.

I really recommend this piece of literature for others on the course who are feeling like they need a little more clarity.



No comments:

Post a Comment