Tuesday 14 February 2017

Hello module 3!!

So here we are. Module 3 has very quickly approached and I'm sure it will fly by as the other modules have done!

After having a bit of a break from BAPP over Christmas I have come back to looking at my work and inquiry with a fresh outlook. After re-reading my module 2 inquiry plan and looking over my feedback I can identify areas I need to work on.

These are:
- Ethical considerations - Although I feel a lot clearer about this topic than I did initially I obviously need to do further work in this area because this was one point Adesola identified in my inquiry that wasn't so in depth.

- Reading more scholarly articles about research inquiry methodology.

- Making sure I don't trap myself in my own bubble and continue to look at other literature regarding medicine and science in dance while not solely focusing on statistics.

- Take an EMBODIED approach towards my research.

I am looking forward to arranging a Skype session with Adesola to talk about her feedback and how I am going to use it constructively to help me profess through module 3.

I found this interesting link about gantt charts to help with organisational skills of Chloe's blog so I will try to incorporate this in my planning of my work throughout module 3.

http://www.gantt.com/index1.htm?utm_expid=11664174-46.EjGD5xWgTOia25IJzkiv2w.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F



In the module 3 reader there is a very interesting diagram which I have found helpful in terms of seeing where my work should be heading throughout this module of study! 

Stage 1:
Review feedback from inquiry plan. Read module handbook and reader part 7. 

Stage 2:
Literature review and gaining permission to carry out inquiry and any associated activities.

Stage 3. 
Carry out inquiry and activities.

Stage 4:
Analyse findings.

Stage 5:
Complete assessment - critical review, professional artefact, oral presentation.

I am going to make an in-depth plan of action for module 3 so I can manage to juggle my work load with my performance schedule on tour and make sure I can gather all of the necessary literature I need for my inquiry.

I am excited for module 3 to start and to see where myself and other fellow BAPP student end up on our journeys of discovery. 











No comments:

Post a Comment