Tuesday 8 November 2016

Finding literature

I actually am finding it a lot harder than I initially thought I would to find literature that I believe to be relevant to my interest for the inquiry. I think this may be because I am trying to look for literature that could be too specific rather, so I have begun to broaden my search in the hope that I will find some text of interest. I also could be looking in the wrong places ... I began my search by looking through the reading list on myunihub. I then re-read the reader to summarise what exactly it is that I am looking for and this made things slightly clearer in my head and I've picked out some especially helpful quotes and pasted them below:

'This section stresses the importance of searching for literature sources that add to what you already know, and examining them for critical thinking and use of theories from both research and sector experts.' 'The professional inquiry requires that you learn how to review examples of existing 'literature' in order to understand the topic you have chosen in more depth.' - READER 4 


One piece of literature I have already blogged about was:

Doing your research project: a guide for first-time researchers in education, health and social science - Judith Bell
 - Looking back I can see that although I learnt a lot from this text I didn't approach reading it with critical thinking, so when finding my next piece of literature I will try to approach it differently (critical questioning).


I am finding all the the academic articles quite overwhelming so I've changed my direction of research into areas that I know are completely relevant to what I want to research. Paula suggested to look at the DANCE UK website and I immediately found something of relevance.

https://www.danceuk.org/news/article/strength-and-conditioning-dance-power-performance-and-rehabilitation/

For now this is where I am up to my my literature hunt! To be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment