Friday 17 March 2017

Data collection & Artefact ideas

Data collection:

I am now well into my data collection process and have gathered a lot of information from different people in the form of interviews. I am still wanting to conduct two interviews with each person, so after re-listening to and writing notes about the interview I have come up with some more questions that are more specific to the individual. In retrospect I should perhaps have done this earlier but due to the strenuous rehearsal period I didn't have as much free time to conduct the interviews as I had hoped so I had to interview more people on tour than I had originally planned. I also also conducted my Skype interview this morning which was very informative and successful.

My next step in the data collection process is to record a focus group session in my dressing room. I will keep this fairly informal but at the same time letting people know that I am recording a conversation and it will be anonymous. I think that alongside conducting the last few interviews I need to commence the analysis process and start drawing links between my data collection, literature research and own findings.

I have been reading through people's blogs on the googleplus site and found some interesting information on Megan's blog. She said that she had a Skype with Paula about structuring her analysis:

What people said → My interpretation → Compare it to literature → Evaluate the information with SIG'S → Extend the meanings → Relate to my professional practice

(Megan Louch)

Artefact ideas:

I feel like the artefact has taken a backseat in my thought processes so far so I have done more thinking about what I would potentially like to do and how I would like to present it.

I want to show how I've:
- Developed professional skills using tools of inquiry possibly using new technologies and social media
- Show awareness of what is going on in your field of practice in terms of theories and discourses and can demonstrate your understanding of these bodies of knowledge when communicating your inquiry.
- 'Defend' my point of view
- you can demonstrate that you have better self-understanding of your what you learned during your inquiry and have the graduate ability identify new insights about practice that might benefit you or have implications for your professional community of practice.

(Module 3 handbook)

  
What is it and who is your audience – is it a product or a work in progress? 

At this stage after reviewing some literature and looking at some of Darcey Bussell's Pilates books I'm thinking i would quite like to create some kind of poster or small booklet containing information about exercises for targeting different areas of the body. 

My target audience would be other dancers, probably most specifically ballet dancers because this is the area that I have mainly focused on throughout my inquiry project. I think I would create it as a product rather than a work in progress. However, because I am not a qualified Pilates or fitness instructor I would make to make sure this was clear and I didn't give out any false information. 

I will look at some more similar works that can help me gather some more ideas about how I could present my artefact to make it clear and informative for my target audience. 



No comments:

Post a Comment