Sunday 12 March 2017

Lit review - themes emerging

Found a really useful link about how to carry out a literature review and it has really helped me organise my thoughts. I think I have been getting a bit confused when doing my literature reviews but now I feel I understand how to gain more from them rather than just analysing them.


http://www.screencast.com/t/RdY4lwEW

States current state of research and how my research fits into it.


1) - define the problem and find sub-topics

2) - find the research and read critically

3) - organsie and theme. Find themes for headings

4) - structure. start with broad themes and find overlap

5) - write up. intro, main body(analysis theme by theme and how research builds from previous research, conclusion (summarise and identify gaps in knowledge)

Keep in mind purpose and analyse and theme research keeping structure and organises myself.

When I am reading literature I need to keep in mind how to think critically and also look for themes.


Themes emerging from IADMS articles:

Class and rehearsals don't provide enough overload to increase strength and prepare for performance.

There should be a gap (2 weeks) between end of an intense conditioning period and a performance period.

Aesthetic demands of a dancer and can some forms supplementary training hinder this?

Is the fittest dancer the best dancer?

Lack of facilities can be difficult for us as a touring company. How overcome this?


These are all themes that have emerged from my studies of these IADMS articles and are topics that I will try to focus on in my interviews and further studies.






No comments:

Post a Comment